Have experienced strange behaviour of Adobe Acrobat X running on Windows 8.1, 64-bit, installed as part of the Adobe Creative Suite CS6 package.
Suddenly Acrobat X decides it just won't open up. Great! So many documents are stored in PDF format and Acrobat won't open up. Thank you, mate!
- You only need to download this patch, issued by Adobe (which should be installed automatically with the updates, right, but it -- oddly enough -- isn't).
- Unzip the downloaded patch.
- Open a command window by pressing the Start button or the Start key and type 'cmd', and run it as administrator.
- Change directory (cd) to the folder where the patch is located.
- Run the patch by typing 'Acrofix' in the CMD window.
- In a short while everything should be fine again.